* There have been 0 Applications for this position
* This job opening has been viewed 350 times
« Return to list
About this job
We are looking for a Cleaner/Janitor/Tealady to serve in our Office area from 6.30 am to 6 pm .Applicants living within or near Westlands , meeting the qualifications below are encouraged to apply.
This position must provide a clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for or employees. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials .
This position demands good physical and mental health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit,push, pull and work a flexible schedule.
* Operates various cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, etc.
* Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
* Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
* Plan work schedule for major tasks.
* Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
* Empty trash containers daily.
* Wet mop floors in all rooms and bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
* Clean wash basins, mirrors daily.
* Check all rooms daily to keep fresh.
* Report any needed repairs immediately to owner (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
* Wash windows as scheduled.
Skills and Interests
To be a successful Tea lady you will need:
* Mathematical ability – to work out budgets .
* The ability to understand what the client wants
* The ability to work well in a team
* To be well organised and good at planning
* Good written and spoken communication skills
* Creative flair
* The ability to cope with the pressure of fast-paced work.
* At least have a K.C.S.E certificate.
*Minimum qualifications are a certificate in house keeping, 2 year experience, ability to communicate in both Swahili and English.
If you meet the above qualifications send a copy of your resume (including three referees one a close family member)